Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mirco Jeske <m....@web.de> on 2007/06/17 11:25:25 UTC

Ignore newly added fields to remain compatible

Hi group,
I am dealing with a couple of web services facing a problem with newly
added fields. One wsdl changed as there was added an additional field.
Unfortunately I cannot rebuild my stubs due to heavy release problems.
Therefore I would like to configure axis to just ignore this new field.
Is there a way to stay compatible as long as the original fields remain
available no matter how may new field would haven been added?

thanx for any hint, mirco

Re: Ignore newly added fields to remain compatible

Posted by Mirco Jeske <m....@web.de>.
Thank you Ajith, that'll do for me.

best, mirco

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Unfortunately the stubs and skeletons are tightly bound to the WSDL
and hence if the WSDL changes, the generated code becomes invalid. The
databinding classes are also tightly bound to the schema.

What I can suggest as a work around is to add a user level handler
(you might need to write a module. writing modules is very easy) that
removes the newly added fields from the XML message. Hence when the
message reaches databinding stage it will be seen as a valid message.

here is a quick guide for writing modules
(http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/modules.html)

Ajith

On 6/18/07, Mirco Jeske <m....@web.de> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> did I miss some hints in the docs regarding this question? Pls would
> anyone be so kind as to provide me a hint for this as I cannot find
> related topics to this.
>
> thx, mirco
>
> Mirco Jeske schrieb:
> > Hi group,
> > I am dealing with a couple of web services facing a problem with newly
> > added fields. One wsdl changed as there was added an additional field.
> > Unfortunately I cannot rebuild my stubs due to heavy release problems.
> > Therefore I would like to configure axis to just ignore this new
> > field. Is there a way to stay compatible as long as the original
> > fields remain available no matter how may new field would haven been
> > added?
> >
> > thanx for any hint, mirco

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: Ignore newly added fields to remain compatible

Posted by Mirco Jeske <m....@web.de>.
Hi again,