Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Verachten Bruno <Br...@atosorigin.com> on 2002/12/12 15:35:32 UTC

How to set a URIResolver on a translet?

Hi,

I have two new problems with XSLTC:
	- If I was compiling the stylesheets at runtime, I would easily set
	a URI resolver on a SAXTransformerFactory thanks to the use of Trax.
	The problem is: my stylesheets are already compiled, and located in
	jar file.  So how can I set the URIResolver for a translet?

	- I have custom handlers (model:// etc...) , and they don't seem to
work
	with XSLTC (they do work with Xalan). I don't think XSLTC uses the
	java.protocol.handler.pkgs System property.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Bruno, France.

Re: How to set a URIResolver on a translet?

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.
Bruno:

 As you're experiencing first hand, TrAX has not been designed with
Translets in mind. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next version of the
spec. In the meantime, is there a good reason for you not to pre-compile
stylesheets in memory using a Templates objects instead of a Translet?

 Note that Templates objects in XSLTC are also serializable (latest version
only), so if your concern is memory usage, you can always swap them in/out
as needed. From a Templates object you should be able to create a
TransformerHandler.

 Hope this helps.

-- Santiago

Is there a Process switch to request XSLTC?

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
Thought we'd added this, but I don't see it in the code. What am I
missing?

(Someone was complaining that they can't run the example at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions_xsltc.html#java_ext using Xalan
2.4.0, so I thought I'd give it a quick spin...)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research