Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Matthieu Bollot <ma...@nereide.biz> on 2009/11/17 14:18:24 UTC

junit test suite

Hi devs,

We (at nereide) are starting to make a continuous integration server,
the purpose is to have seleniums and junit tests ran daily to react
quickly in a near future.
This night, from 2 failures, we now have 29 failures and 6 errors (I'm
obviously talking about ofbiz trunk)

Is it something well-known ? Does a lot of people take care about it ?

Cheers,
Matthieu.

PS : if you are not aware with junit tests, all you need to do is ant
run-tests, and open runtime/logs/test-results/html/index.html, or see
our latest results here :
http://selenium.neogia.org/ofbizAddOn/ofbiz/runtime/logs/test-results/html/index.html

Re: junit test suite

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1 - as well as hopefully we can have a policy around fixing bugs -
that when you fix them - that we put a test in to catch what's being
fixed!

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: junit test suite

Posted by Matthieu Bollot <ma...@nereide.biz>.
Le mercredi 18 novembre 2009 à 09:50 +1300, Scott Gray a écrit :
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> I'm not sure if you've been watching the commit logs but I'm actively
> working my way through the junit tests and the moment and getting them
> all back to passing again.
I read them quickly, I know "sometimes" people are working on them but didn't know if it was something important for ofbiz dev or not.

> I haven't used selenium yet but my results for the junit tests have 0
> errors and 12 failures.
Seleniums are fine, don't worry at the moment ;)

> Getting some continuous integrations setup is a great idea, hopefully
> we can get something setup on the apache infrastructure in the not too
> distant future and then reach an agreement among the committers (and
> contributors) that the tests should never be allowed to fail (or at
> least not for very long).

What you both said is good to know, and of course we will try to help as
much as we can.

Cheers,
Matthieu.

Re: junit test suite

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> I'm not sure if you've been watching the commit logs but I'm actively
> working my way through the junit tests and the moment and getting them
> all back to passing again.
>
> I haven't used selenium yet but my results for the junit tests have 0
> errors and 12 failures.
>
> Getting some continuous integrations setup is a great idea, hopefully
> we can get something setup on the apache infrastructure in the not too
> distant future and then reach an agreement among the committers (and
> contributors) that the tests should never be allowed to fail (or at
> least not for very long).

+1

Thanks for your work on this Scott.
Knowing that the Neogia team will check it is also good...

Jacques

Re: junit test suite

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Matthieu,