Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/21 16:44:09 UTC

Formatter suggestion

 Good day this is Cazen

This issue related on QUARKS-23(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUARKS-23)

I recommend a formatter being used by the Apache Hive(HIVE-7230)

I’ve copy that to
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12799972/quarks-eclipse-formatter.xml>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12799972/quarks-eclipse-formatter.xml

Please review and compare the formatter to yours that already using
(if you can suggest another one or different opinion, please tell in this
mail thread)

Other rules

   1. Maximum line length is 100 characters (instead of using 80 chars)
   2. Use spaces instead of tabs and indendation size is 4 spaces
   3. Use fully qualified import statements, i.e. do not use asterisks -
   import quarks.connectors.iotf.*

Fixing all the repo has great risk. It can be done in later(maybe after
publish our first release)

Please tell me any good ideas or my mistake.

Thank you
--
Cazen Lee
http://www.Cazen.co.kr

Re: Formatter suggestion

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Maybe shift the discussion to the jira?

Another rule that most of the code has been developed under is:

- Java > Editor > Save Actions > Organize imports  (with the default import order config)
  The biggest benefit is that it eliminates warnings for unused imports :-)
  Ah… it seems this also converts wildcard imports.

Item 2 below says the indentation size is 4 but the “Quarks” formatter is using 2?  2 is fine with me but just wanted to be sure that was the intent.

I’m starting to use this formatter.  I’ll comment in the jira if I notice anything.

Thanks!