Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com> on 2010/09/20 16:23:54 UTC

JAAS and the RequestContext object

Hello there,

I have been trying to figure out how I can authenticate a user
to my application (with username/password) so that every SCA
RequestContext object will afterwards contain a Principal or
SecuritySubject that allows me to associate any service method
call in my application with that user.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have managed a
JAAS Login Module, but how can I influence the contents of the
request context in Tuscany 1.6?

-- Sebastian

Re: JAAS and the RequestContext object

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Millies, Sebastian
<Se...@ids-scheer.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have been trying to figure out how I can authenticate a user
> to my application (with username/password) so that every SCA
> RequestContext object will afterwards contain a Principal or
> SecuritySubject that allows me to associate any service method
> call in my application with that user.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have managed a
> JAAS Login Module, but how can I influence the contents of the
> request context in Tuscany 1.6?
>
> -- Sebastian

Hi Sebastien

IIRC there is a Security Indentity policy that moves the subject from
the Tuscany message into the context. Let me see if I can find an
example.

Simon