Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com> on 2006/05/15 16:09:55 UTC

problems with maven repositories

I didnt seem to be able to run the "mvn site" to build the tuscany site
today. I got an error saying that maven couldnt locate the ant plugin on
"central".  I tried deleting the local repository (documents and
settings/me/.m2/repository). That just made it fail quicker by not finding
the site plugin.
I tried moving from mvn 2.0.1 to 2.0.4. - that changed nothing.

I found an old mail on the list where others had similar problems, saying I
might try adding this to my maven/conf/setting.xml:

<mirrors>
   <mirror>
      <id>mirrors.dotsrc.org</id>
      <name>Mirror of http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/</name>
      <url>http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/maven2/</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
       <mirror>
      <id>public.planetmirror.com</id>
      <name>Mirror of http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/</name>
      <url> http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/maven2/</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>

I did that, and got an xml file created under the local repository,
seemingly coming from planetmirror, but with all the end-tags missing so it
was not much use.

Finally I deleted the planetmirror mirror, and the other one
mirrors.dotsrc.org kicked in and everything worked.

Does anyone know what made maven not work in the first place, or what made
it work in the end?

Ed.