Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk> on 2011/09/03 10:24:28 UTC

[T5.3-beta-1] Submit buttons with t:mode="cancel" do not submit the form

I believe it's something to do with javascript initialisation on the
page because:

 - my Tapestry PageTester test still submits the form
 - the form is submitted if I disable javascript in the browser

I assume the form *is* supposed to be submitted, right!? Here's a
simple test page:

public class SubmitTest {
	public void onActivate() {
		System.err.println("Hello!");
	}
}

	<t:form>
		<t:submit mode="normal" value="Mode Normal" />
		<t:submit mode="cancel" value="Mode Cancel" />
	</t:form>

Tested on Firefox and Chrome on Windows and Ubuntu.

Anyone have any ideas as whether this is a feature, misunderstanding or a bug?

Steve.