Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Lionel Raymundi - Poincenot <li...@poincenot.com> on 2016/12/30 13:32:10 UTC

Configuring Penalty Charge depending on loan's interest rate

Hi devs,

According to our business definition, we should charge penalties for unpaid
overdued installments as follows:

Every overdue day, charge (installment capital) * (daily interest rate *
1.5)

I know I can configure the penalty as "percentage of amount". The problem
is that I cant set a fixed value on "amount", as it depends on the loan's
nominal interest rate (which is not the same for every loan). I am
attaching an image of the intended calculation.

I was thinking on developing a new Charge Calculation type as "% Amount *
Interest rate". By doing this, the amount is still fixed, but the base for
the calculation would allow me to do what I need.

Is this the only way or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance

Lionel

RE: Configuring Penalty Charge depending on loan's interest rate

Posted by Adi Raju <ad...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
I think your steps are right. Let us know if you get into any problems.

Since this is very specific requirement, I think it is better to take community's input before we push the code changes to common repo. May be a vote on user@fineract.incubator.apache.org.

Regards,
Adi Raju

Principal Architect, Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd
Address: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043 INDIA

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail message and any files/attachment transmitted with it is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) or entity identified. If you are not the intended recipient, please email: support@confluxtechnologies.com and destroy/delete all copies and attachment thereto along with the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The recipient acknowledges that Conflux Technologies Private Limited or its subsidiaries and associated companies are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions. Before opening any attachments, please check.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Lionel, it would be great if you could take that task on. The team and
community will be happy to guide you.

Ed

Posted by Lionel Raymundi - Poincenot <li...@poincenot.com>.
Thanks Adi,

Posted by Adi Raju <ad...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Lionel,

New enhancement with new calculation type would be required to address your requirement.

Regards,

Adi Raju

Principal Architect,  <http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/> Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd

Address: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043 INDIA

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail message and any files/attachment transmitted with it is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) or entity identified. If you are not the intended recipient, please email:  <ma...@confluxtechnologies.com> support@confluxtechnologies.com and destroy/delete all copies and attachment thereto along with the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The recipient acknowledges that Conflux Technologies Private Limited or its subsidiaries and associated companies are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions. Before opening any attachments, please check.

Finflux