Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by murali krishna <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/24 12:55:24 UTC

HBase 0.20.0 alpha not starting in distributed mode

Hi,
    just upgraded to hbase 20 alpha, it is refusing to start in distributed mode. Following is the exception coming from zookeeper

2009-06-24 03:14:48,005 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Failed to create /hbase:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.create(ZooKeeper.java:522)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.ensureExists(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:371)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.ensureParentExists(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:392)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.writeMasterAddress(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:480)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.writeAddressToZooKeeper(HMaster.java:264)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:250)

I am seeing the HQuorumPeer, HMaster and HRegionserver process running. What could be wrong ?

Thanks,
Murali

Re: HBase 0.20.0 alpha not starting in distributed mode

Posted by "Murali Krishna. P" <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Jean,
  My mistake, had given a wrong machine name in zoo.cfg, the zookeeper server was not running in that box :(.
Everything resolved now, thanks!

 Thanks,
Murali Krishna

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.