Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ol...@ppi.de on 2003/09/15 13:08:38 UTC

non-nullable type BIT

Hello,

I have a class A with subclasses B and C.
All classes are mapped to one table.
When I store an instance of class C, OJB
assigns null to those columns of that table
that correspond to fields of class B.

That is fine.

However, one of these fields of class B is
of type boolean and mapped to jdbc-type BIT
in the sybase database, and hence not nullable.

A possible workaround is to store that boolean
in a TINYINT or any other nullable type.
But I would prefer to let OJB assign some value
(say false) to that table column on storing C-objects.

Can I do that?

Olli

--
  Oliver Matz