Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by sv <sv...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/04 23:01:24 UTC

Re: Error installing Ignite on K8s

Ok.. so what IS the proper way to use sessionAffinity?  I am also getting the
same error, using the same yaml.

Warning  CreatingLoadBalancerFailed  7s (x10 over 17m)  service-controller
Error creating load balancer (will retry): failed to ensure load balancer
for service ignite/ignite: unsupported load balancer affinity: ClientIP

It appears that Denis Magda's k8s scripts are broken.

Re: Error installing Ignite on K8s

Posted by Vladimir Pligin <vo...@yandex.ru>.
Hi,

As far as can see you're facing an issue related to k8s service
configuration.
It's quite difficult to say whether you have issues with Ignite pods at this
stage.
So let's try to figure it out step by step. I suppose that the error is
related to load balancing.
As far as I know AWS provides multiple load balancer types and it seems like
the particular one doesn't support session affinity based on client IP.
Could you please check whether this one works for you
https://pastebin.com/uEfL0rDd?
I've changed a type of load balancer to network load balancer.

Depending on the result let's discuss further steps.

-
Vladimir

Re: Error installing Ignite on K8s

Posted by sv <sv...@gmail.com>.
Denis,
I am going by the latest updated docs.  The instructions DO NOT work as
described, producing the error above, same as last year.

Of course, this is for thin clients connecting from outside the cluster.
Your instructions state:  "The sessionAffinity used below is required only
if Ignite cluster is deployed in Kubernetes and your applications are
outside of it. The property ensures that Ignite thin clients, JDBC/ODBC
drivers preserve a connection with a specific Ignite pod. "  So, that sounds
like we need it.  And yet, it does NOT work, giving the error above.  Taking
that one line out works, but then we lose the ability to "ensure that Ignite
thin clients preserve a connection with a specific pod", which sounds
important?

This is for an Ignite cluster running in a k8s cluster in AWS.

--Stan

Re: Error installing Ignite on K8s

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Please check the updated docs. For instance, this section elaborates on
sessionAffinity key usage:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/ignite-service#section-ignite-service-deployment

Plus, depending on your cloud environment, you have an option of using
getting started guides created for AWS, GCE or Azure:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/kubernetes-deployment

Let us know if anything is outdated.

-
Denis