Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "aaron@tophold.com" <aa...@tophold.com> on 2018/03/12 07:39:54 UTC

Did update SQL support joiner?

We have one Main CacheA is partition cacheļ¼Œ  another is local cache CacheB,  we write back to the main cache periodically from local CacheB .

The Main CacheA object include those fields:

 fieldA,
 fieldB,
 fieldC,
 fieldD

 Local cache CacheB

 fieldA
 fieldC
 fieldD
 fieldE

And update use this SQL:

  UPDATE CacheA
  SET (A.fieldC, A.fieldD)=(

B.fieldC,
B.fieldD
  )
  FROM CacheA A, CacheB B
  WHERE A.fieldA = B.fieldA
  AND B.fieldE > 0

This SQL have no exception thrown , but the Main cache's fieldC & fieldD seems never change.

Regards
Aaron

Aaron.Kuai

Re: Re: Did update SQL support joiner?

Posted by "aaron@tophold.com" <aa...@tophold.com>.
Thanks Evgenii, We will check further.

Regards
Aaron

Aaron.Kuai

From: ezhuravlev
Date: 2018-03-22 01:41
To: user
Subject: Re: Did update SQL support joiner?
Hi,

First of all, you need to check that all data is collocated since by default
join will be performed on each node on the collocated data.

Also, I don't see FROM in UPDATE grammar in H2:
http://www.h2database.com/html/grammar.html#update
So, I would recommend to rewrite it using subquery.

Regards,
Evgenii

Re: Did update SQL support joiner?