Posted to users@solr.apache.org by HariBabu kuruva <ha...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/14 14:09:44 UTC

Solr manual indexing errors

Hi All,

Our developers are doing manual indexing. And we see the below errors in
the logs. Could you please help with what is causing the issue.

*IOException while taking to the to server at :
https:hostname/solr/Storename*
*Caused by: javax.net..ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not
authenticated*

*SolrServerException: No live SolrServers available to handle this request
: *

--

Thanks and Regards,
 Hari

Re: Solr manual indexing errors

Posted by Shawn Heisey <el...@elyograg.org>.
On 3/14/2023 10:12 AM, HariBabu kuruva wrote:
> The certificate is valid one.
>
> Please find the detailed exception below.

By "valid" do you mean issued by a public CA?  If you do, now we are
getting into general TLS requirements, nothing Solr specific, and the
notes below will apply:

The proper way to configure a server for TLS is to include the server
cert and all intermediate certs in what the server sends ... but NOT the
root certificate.

Most public CAs do not issue certificates signed directly by the root.
They use one intermediate certificate as the issuer.  In some cases
there may be more than one intermediate, but this is not common.

So in most cases when using a cert from a public CA, the keystore that
Solr is given should contain the server cert, its matching private key,
and the issuing cert.  It should NOT contain the root certificate.

When you added the certificate to the keystore for Solr, did you import
just the server cert and key, or did you also import the issuer
(intermediate) cert?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Solr manual indexing errors

Posted by HariBabu kuruva <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

The certificate is valid one.

Please find the detailed exception below.

WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:50:36.864 [mainRequestHandler-1]
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.handleBulkDataRequest - Start bulk
request taking care process ->
ERROR  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:50:36.941 [mainRequestHandler-1]
e.c.d.i.a.EispSolrCloudServiceImpl.getQueryResponse - Error in SOLR Get
Response -
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: No live SolrServers
available to handle this request:[
https://hostname.corp.equinix.com:8981/solr/s_doc_quote,
https://hostname1.corp.equinix.com:8981/solr/s_doc_quote,
https://hostname2.corp.equinix.com:8981/solr/s_doc_quote]
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBSolrClient.request(LBSolrClient.java:346)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BaseCloudSolrClient.sendRequest(BaseCloudSolrClient.java:1171)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BaseCloudSolrClient.requestWithRetryOnStaleState(BaseCloudSolrClient.java:934)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BaseCloudSolrClient.request(BaseCloudSolrClient.java:866)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:214)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:231)
        at
eisp.cdc.data.indexer.adapter.EispSolrCloudServiceImpl.getQueryResponse(EispSolrCloudServiceImpl.java:268)
        at
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.getTotalExpectedCount(MainIndexerTask.java:368)
        at
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.dataIndexerProcess(MainIndexerTask.java:161)
        at
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.handleBulkDataRequest(MainIndexerTask.java:147)
        at
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$88fcf6c3.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:218)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:783)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:163)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.proceed(CglibAopProxy.java:753)
        at
org.springframework.aop.interceptor.AsyncExecutionInterceptor.lambda$invoke$0(AsyncExecutionInterceptor.java:115)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException
occurred when talking to server at:
https://hostname.corp.equinix.com:8981/solr/s_doc_quote
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:695)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:266)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:248)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBSolrClient.doRequest(LBSolrClient.java:369)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBSolrClient.request(LBSolrClient.java:297)
        ... 19 common frames omitted
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
        at
java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSessionImpl.getPeerCertificates(SSLSessionImpl.java:526)
        at
org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.verifyHostname(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:504)
        at
org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.createLayeredSocket(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:437)
        at
org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:384)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:142)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.connect(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:376)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.establishRoute(MainClientExec.java:393)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:236)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:186)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:110)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:185)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:56)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:571)
        ... 23 common frames omitted
ERROR  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:50:36.942 [mainRequestHandler-1]
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.handleBulkDataRequest - Error in range
data processing ->
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.getTotalExpectedCount(MainIndexerTask.java:370)
[...]
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:50:36.943 [mainRequestHandler-1]
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.handleBulkDataRequest - Bulk Request
Taken Care Completely!
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.143 [http-nio-4040-exec-5]
e.k.c.c.BulkDataServiceController.initiateIndexingForEntity -
initiateIndexingForEntity for
{"pageSize":250,"solrStorePrimaryKey":"quoteTaskId","storeName":"s_doc_quote","fromDate":"2023-03-13T20:42:03Z","toDate":"2023-03-13T20:42:05ZZ","fromDataFieldKey":"lastUpdateDt","fieldList":["quoteNumber","revision","quoteTaskId"],"processId":"1123456799","importType":"Full","importRange":"OTHER"}
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.143 [http-nio-4040-exec-5]
e.k.c.h.IndexerRequestHandlerImpl.indexerRequestInitiator - Thread instance
found! Checking for current state
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.143 [http-nio-4040-exec-5]
e.k.c.h.IndexerRequestHandlerImpl.indexerRequestInitiator - Is last
execution cancelled -> false
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.144 [http-nio-4040-exec-5]
e.k.c.h.IndexerRequestHandlerImpl.indexerRequestInitiator - Is last
execution finished -> true
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.144 [mainRequestHandler-1]
ERROR  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.145 [mainRequestHandler-1]
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.handleBulkDataRequest - Error in range
data processing ->
java.time.format.DateTimeParseException: Text '2023-03-13T20:42:05ZZ' could
not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 20
        at
java.base/java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parseResolved0(DateTimeFormatter.java:2049)
        at
java.base/java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parse(DateTimeFormatter.java:1948)
        at java.base/java.time.LocalDateTime.parse(LocalDateTime.java:492)
        at
eisp.kafka.cdc.task.MainIndexerTask.handleBulkDataRequest(MainIndexerTask.java:110)
WARN  vmc****** 14-03-2023 09:54:50.145 [mainRequestHandler-1]

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.