Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Wolfgang Meyerle <wo...@googlemail.com> on 2020/11/14 22:35:36 UTC

Ignite performance issues...

Hi,

I have a question in regards to Apache Ignite performance tuning.

This is my config so far:

https://pastebin.com/NWDzY3RK

I plan to store 2 billion entries in the database. The machine that I
have is not great, 32gb ram nothing more.

I wonder how I can tune the performance to speed up things. I know that
if I leave out indexing that would speed things are but indices are
necessary. Also an SQL access is necessary though not necessarily during
inserts. As I'm using C++ I don't know if ignite supports the feature in
creating an SQL access later on after the data has been inserted in a
cache. Is this possible?

According to my logging I'm able to insert

42108964 entries in 66 minutes

with 610 Insertions per second:610

and an average of 1057 insertions per second (which is not great in my
opinion)

According to ignites performance guidelines I segregated already to Wal
stores from the persistence storage drive.

I'm also getting Apache ignite errors from time to time:

[21:24:15] Possible failure suppressed accordingly to a configured
handler [hnd=StopNodeOrHaltFailureHandler [tryStop=false, timeout=0,
super=AbstractFailureHandler [ignoredFailureTypes=UnmodifiableSet
[SYSTEM_WORKER_BLOCKED, SYSTEM_CRITICAL_OPERATION_TIMEOUT]]],
failureCtx=FailureContext [type=SYSTEM_WORKER_BLOCKED, err=class
o.a.i.IgniteException: GridWorker [name=db-checkpoint-thread,
igniteInstanceName=null, finished=false, heartbeatTs=1605385441327]]]

Tried to find something online and in the Apache Ignite documentation
but struggles so hopefully any geek out there can drop a comment...

Regards,

Wolfgang

Re: Ignite performance issues...

Posted by Mikael <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

How many nodes will you be running this on ?

What is your use case, what kind of performance is important to you,
reading, writing ? do you need access to all data or will you just use a
small subset ?

In terms of writing you can get good performance with a streamer instead
of using SQL insert if that would be possible.

Mikael