Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Bob Wang <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/01 22:53:24 UTC

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive simple.war

Hello Everyone,

I have just built velocity-tools-1.1 and I copied
simple.war into jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps/. When I
start up the server, I can see on the console:

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive
simple.war
java.lang.StackOverflowError
Jun 1, 2005 4:30:29 PM
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
applicationWebConfig

What happen? Thx.
Bob

problems w/Tomcat 5.5.9 and VelocityTool project's use of commons-logging

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
hey folks,

i'm working on the VelocityTools project, and we've run into a bit of
an issue with our mutual use of commons-logging.  If you read the
emails below, you'll see that the combination of Tomcat 5.5.9 and
VelocityTools 1.1 (or 1.2-dev) create a nasty little infinite loop.

Apart from abandoning commons-logging, i'm at something of a loss
here.  Any ideas?  We haven't had problems with this on earlier
versions of Tomcat (5.0.30 and down).

Thanks,
nathan

Fwd: SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive simple.war

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
hey folks,

Re: SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive simple.war

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
ok, i know this is a late response.  i'm just now recovering from a
crazy year and trying to get some things done around here.  this one
looks nasty.  Shinobu, your assessment seems right on.  the stack
trace in my tomcat console window repeats a mix of commons-logging
calls and tomcat and velocity calls to commons-logging.  ugh, that
ain't nice at all.

i might have to ping the tomcat-user list to see if anyone there has a
bright idea...

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob,