Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jonathan Bergh <be...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/08 20:27:35 UTC

Instructions for LSP config in Netbeans 11.3

hi all,

I see that Jan Lohada's LSP integration (discussed here [1] as a NB module
to create yourself), has been included in 11.3 as a functioning feature.
(Tools > Options > Language Servers)

at the moment, the configuration GUI for this feature doesn't have any
hints nor help associated with it, so its a little hard to determine
exactly what config is expected in the fields (i cant seen any exceptions
being thrown either anywhere, so i dont know if ive configured it
correctly).

for instance:
File extensions file - its not clear if this should be the mime type
(text/sh), or extension with or without the period (ie sh or .sh), or if
you are entering a list, how each entry is separated etc.

I've created a bash script in the resources, as well as src folders for a
test project, to test my configuration, but Netbeans reports it doesnt
recognise the file extension and suggests from a various number of
preexisting mime types.

i'd be happy to help (adding the required help / clarifications etc) if
required, if Jan would be able to assist by showing exactly what is
required in each field, and how to check the server is running correctly,
as i think this is a really powerful feature which helps in lieu of of full
blown language plugins

this also seems like a really good option for a short video tutorial (for
the website) but unfortunately i dont have the hardware for doing that at
the moment.

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/lsp-client-demo-ba-sh