Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/28 17:33:21 UTC

Log feedback messages

As part of a larger effort to improve our audit logs, I have been requested
to add the feedback messages that appear as part of validation to those
audits.  So in the onError() of a button or form, where the validation has
failed, I need to gather (non-destructively) the feedback messages that will
soon be displayed.

How can I get this list?  getPage().getFeedbackMessages() returns empty
because, I presume, the errors are on lower level controls.  Is there an API
that gathers the messages for me?

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: Log feedback messages

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 7:33 PM Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As part of a larger effort to improve our audit logs, I have been requested
> to add the feedback messages that appear as part of validation to those
> audits.  So in the onError() of a button or form, where the validation has
> failed, I need to gather (non-destructively) the feedback messages that
> will
> soon be displayed.
>
> How can I get this list?  getPage().getFeedbackMessages() returns empty
> because, I presume, the errors are on lower level controls.  Is there an
> API
> that gathers the messages for me?

Yes, see FeedbackCollector class.