Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/05/10 02:57:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.16

Hi.  I've now produced 0.16-rc4 at the following location:

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-rc4/

It has just one change beyond RC3, r1336378, which disables the HA tests
if required test tools are not in the environment (Thanks, Alan).

There was one other issue with RC3 that Cajus raised, the Perl client
install on Debian.  Darryl looked into it, and it seems to be a Debian
specific problem.  With this information, I think it's best we press
ahead with the release.  If the fix is minor, we can consider introducing
it on the 0.16 release branch when it becomes available.

So, I'd like to jump straight to the vote.  If you favor releasing the
0.16-rc4 bits as 0.16, vote +1.  If you have a reason to think RC4 is not
ready for release, vote -1.

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.16 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/016-release.html

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.16

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

The maven artefacts are now staged, awaiting close of the vote before
release (or being dropped). They can currently be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-085/

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.16

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.16

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 08:57:47PM -0400, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi.  I've now produced 0.16-rc4 at the following location:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-rc4/
>
> It has just one change beyond RC3, r1336378, which disables the HA
> tests if required test tools are not in the environment (Thanks,
> Alan).
>
> There was one other issue with RC3 that Cajus raised, the Perl
> client install on Debian.  Darryl looked into it, and it seems to be
> a Debian specific problem.  With this information, I think it's best
> we press ahead with the release.  If the fix is minor, we can
> consider introducing it on the 0.16 release branch when it becomes
> available.
>
> So, I'd like to jump straight to the vote.  If you favor releasing
> the 0.16-rc4 bits as 0.16, vote +1.  If you have a reason to think
> RC4 is not ready for release, vote -1.

+1

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/