Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/21 23:33:07 UTC

Tuscany/Spring MVC integration

Hi,

I recently added support of Spring MVC integration for Tuscany on top of the Tuscany/Spring web application feature.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/5964931/Spring+Tuscany.pptx

To support the Spring MVC which has a servlet-scoped application context, I added code to allow Tuscany to start/stop a node per servlet and enhanced the CompositeContext and Spring implementation provider to link the Spring application context to Tuscany.

Here is a working sample:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/sca-java-2.x/implementation-spring/ (You can find how to invoke it at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/sca-java-2.x/implementation-spring/helloworld-spring-webapp/src/test/java/sample/HelloworldClientTestCase.java)

(PS: I'm all confused by the move of our samples into various contrib/unreleased folders and had a difficult time to dig out the Spring/Tuscany integration sample. For now, I leave it in my sandbox before the sample structure is settled. )

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

Re: Tuscany/Spring MVC integration

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
There are no differences in the list of JARs. I'll try to rebuild Tuscany to see if anything has changed.

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.
Cool, could you attach/upload the war to some sharing service?

Thanks,

Florian

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> On Mar 22, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Florian Moga wrote:
>>
>> Hey Raymond,
>> Yes, I tried deploying sample-implementation-spring-helloworld-webapp.war
>> to both Tomcat and Jetty. When I saw the exceptions in logs, I tried copying
>> sample-implementation-spring-helloworld-contribution.jar to the lib/ folder
>> of Tomcat and removing the provided scope but none didn't
>> fix FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource
>> [/WEB-INF/classes/helloworld-context.xml].
>> Florian
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Florian.
>>> Thank you for the feedback. Did you try to deploy the hello-spring.war
>>> into Tomcat/Jetty?
>>> You are right, the provided scope seems to be an issue (for some reason,
>>> "provided" is used by some folks in the wrong way:-). I'll fix it.
>>> Raymond

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.