Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tig Kerkman <ti...@kenosha.org> on 2002/01/02 20:29:30 UTC

Apache Authentication LDAP

Release Apache: Server version: Apache/2.0.28

Running on Redhat 7.1

I am a newbie to apache.  Just starting to work with the older 1.3.22
version that came with RedHat's release.

Then today I loaded the 2.0.28 version so I could use our OpenLDAP
server to authenticate and log the user id.

configued with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enabled-proxy
--enable-ldap --with-ldap

I am unsure how I should be using the AuthLDAPURL directive in the
httpd.conf file.

What I would like to do is us the AuthLDAPURL to authenicate the user to
use apache, which is only a proxy at this point and time.

This was my thought.

I could use the IfModule,
<IfModule mod_auth_ldap.c>
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldapserver.kenosha.org/dc=kenosha,dc=org
require valid-user
</IfModule>

Anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

--
City of Kenosha, Wisconsin USA, IS
mailto: tig@kenosha.org

Re: Apache Authentication LDAP

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Wednesday 02 January 2002 02:30 pm, Tig Kerkman wrote:
> Ok, after more reading....  I first see that 2.0.28 does not accept the
> AuthDLAPURL directive??
>
> I ran the configure as below??  Am I missing something?
>
> I went back and started the 1.3.28 httpd, and am able to use the
> AuthLDAPURL within the Proxy mod directives, but cannot have problems
> saying it cannot connect the the LDAP server, but yet from the command
> line I can?

Apache 2.0.28 no longer includes the auth_ldap module.  You will need to
download it from the httpd-ldap CVS repository before you can use it.

Ryan

Re: Apache Authentication LDAP

Posted by Tig Kerkman <ti...@kenosha.org>.
Ok, after more reading....  I first see that 2.0.28 does not accept the
AuthDLAPURL directive??

I ran the configure as below??  Am I missing something?

I went back and started the 1.3.28 httpd, and am able to use the
AuthLDAPURL within the Proxy mod directives, but cannot have problems
saying it cannot connect the the LDAP server, but yet from the command
line I can?

HELP>.....