Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2003/02/11 22:57:49 UTC

Providing a better message than "Premature end of file"

Hi,

When Xerces is configured with the external-schema-location, it complains
about "Premature end of file" if an unknown namespace is encountered upon
validation. I would like to provide a more descriptive error message. My
first guess is that I should use entity handlers, but it is not clear to me
at what point they are called (before the external-schema-locations are
consulted or afterwards)? Also, how does lazy schema caching affect this
order?

thx
Alex