Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vimala <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/14 18:50:48 UTC

Referring an external directory from web container

Hello all,

I am working in a java struts project with jboss as the application server.
I want to copy photo files selected from a client location to a particular
directory at server (I don't want to store photo files within war). I am
thinking of creating a directory outside WEB-INF and make this directory
accessible by the web controller. I have gone through some documents on jndi
lookup and using <ref-def> in web.xml file. Yet I could not get a clear
picture of all these. Is the use of jndi a way to achieve my requirement? If
so, please guide me thorugh some useful links on this. Thanks.

vimala