Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ashish Garg <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/30 01:26:56 UTC

Control_A_Error

Can you try to fix this problem?

I have a local file called mytest.txt (restored in hdfs already). The
content is like this:

$ cat -A  HDFSLOAD_DIR/mytest.txt

49139801^A25752451^Aunknown$

49139801^A24751754^Aunknown$

49139801^A2161696^Anice$

To load this raw data above, I then defined the table like this in HQL:

create table my_test(

userid          BIGINT,

movieId         BIGINT,

comment         STRING

)

ROW FORMAT DELIMITED

FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\001'

STORED AS TEXTFILE;

My problem is that when I “SELECT * FROM my_test;” , I got this:

NULL    NULL    NULL

NULL    NULL    NULL

NULL    NULL    NULL

I then replace “^A” with “^” in mytest.txt, and also re-defined my table
structure by using :

FIELDS TERMINATED BY '^’

So when I select all, I got the correct results.

Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

Re: Control_A_Error

Posted by Rishabh Bhardwaj <rb...@yahoo.com>.

Try putting the ^A character using vim editor via pressing ctrl+V then 1 then spacebar.

Regards,Rishabh.

On , Rishabh Bhardwaj <rb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Try putting the ^A character using vim editor via pressing ctrl+V then 1 then spacebar.

Regards,
Rishabh.

On Friday, 30 May 2014 7:51 AM, Ashish Garg <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

But, default is ^A, right? My question is why it is not taking? Is it an issue with hive version?
Thanks and Regards,
Ashish Garg

Re: Control_A_Error

Posted by Rishabh Bhardwaj <rb...@yahoo.com>.