Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by dan61psu <da...@rlwinc.com> on 2002/04/09 20:51:56 UTC

Auto Refresh Page after Submitting Info

Does anyone know what the best way would be to get a page to auto-
refresh after a user clicks on a submit button?  i cant find an
explicit function within any script...nor did i find anything that is
straight HTML, besides putting a static timer to refrech in the meta
tag.  anyone know of anything good, such as

<INPUT TYPE="submit" action="refresh" or onClick="refresh();">?????

or maybe something already in Apache::ASP???

Thanks alot!

Dan

Re: Auto Refresh Page after Submitting Info

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
dan61psu wrote:

> Does anyone know what the best way would be to get a page to auto-
> refresh after a user clicks on a submit button?  i cant find an
> explicit function within any script...nor did i find anything that is
> straight HTML, besides putting a static timer to refrech in the meta
> tag.  anyone know of anything good, such as
>
> <INPUT TYPE="submit" action="refresh" or onClick="refresh();">?????
>
> or maybe something already in Apache::ASP???

I think what you want is simple HTML form submissions which
is just how HTML forms work as in:

<form action="script.asp" method="POST">
  <input type=submit>
</form>

If you are going for something else, please clarify, perhaps
I do not know what you mean by an "auto-refresh".

--Josh