Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Guillaume DROUIN <gd...@eurodatacar.fr> on 2006/04/20 10:50:26 UTC

OJB 1.0.4 locking problem

Hi,

I migrate from db-ojb-1.0.rc6 to ojb 1.0.4,

And now it's impossible to save an database-object with the method
"LockManagerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManagerRemoteImpl"
( it's possible with LockManagerInMemoryImpl) , I have an exception
"cannot remove lock for" ...object" xxx.

Ojb.properties :

ConnectionFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFacto
ryPooledImpl

LockManagerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManagerRemoteImpl

LockServletUrl=http://127.0.0.1:8080/ojb-lockserver/

OJBTxManagerClass=org.apache.ojb.odmg.LocalTxManager

ImplicitLocking=false

LockAssociations=WRITE

Ordering=false

ImplicitLockingBackward=false

Oracle9i, tomcat 5.5.16

Thanks,

I apologise for my english.

Re: OJB 1.0.4 locking problem

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I run OJB test-suite with latest OJB version from SVN (OJB_1_0_RELEASE
branch). The lockserver servlet show the following result after run of
all tests:

The LockManager is running (Thu Apr 20 12:37:35 CEST 2006)
LockManager info:
Class: org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManagerInMemoryImpl
lock timeout: 600000 [ms]
lock map size: 0
timed out write locks: 0
timed out read locks: 0
Processed Lock Request: 10196

It seems that there isn't a "lock leak", all requested locks (stored in
the lock map) are deallocated at end of test run.

Could you please post the whole stack trace (+ warnings and error log
messages). Did you get any error messages on the remote lock server? Is
your problem reproduceable with a simple test?

regards,
Armin