Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Pietschmann <St...@inf.tu-dresden.de> on 2003/06/03 18:53:00 UTC

Evaluating and working with XPointer in a Transformer

hi again,

as you might remember I'm working on a Transformer. One of its goals is to write an anchor around a certain string in the document. The string is defined as an XPointer value.

So far I the XPointer expression as a variable, something like "string-range(ancestor::span[1],'Home')" - so there should be an anchor around the word "Home" in the span tag defined before. If anyone of you has dealt with that problem or has ideas or links... go forth ;)

At the moment I'm looking for a good implementation (read: jar) that allows me to easily evaluate the XPointer expression, which means i can jump there and write the <a> tag around. Of course I'm thankful for every other tip that helps :)

thanx for your help

Stefan Pietschmann

Re: Evaluating and working with XPointer in a Transformer

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 18:53, Stefan Pietschmann wrote:
> At the moment I'm looking for a good implementation (read: jar) that
> allows me to easily evaluate the XPointer expression, which means i
> can jump there and write the <a> tag around. Of course I'm thankful
> for every other tip that helps :)

I'm not aware of any. But this doesn't help of course :-)