Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Samir Deolikar <sa...@cisco.com> on 2002/05/22 06:18:14 UTC

Display Remote USER

Hi ALL!
    How could I display the Remote User on to the velocity Template.

Regards,
Samir

Re: Display Remote USER

Posted by Gabriel Sidler <si...@teamup.ch>.
Samir,
I assume that your application lives in a Servlet environment:
HttpServletRequest offers method getRemoteUser() to retrieve the login
name of the authenticated user. So, put the request instance into the
context and add the following expression to your template:

$request.getRemoteUser()

Note: This assumes that the request has been added to the context
with key "request"
Note 2: getRemoteUser() returns null if the user is not authenticated.

Gabe

Samir Deolikar wrote:

> Hi ALL!
>
>     How could I display the Remote User on to the velocity Template.
>

> Regards,
>
> Samir

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland