Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/30 08:50:18 UTC

Quantiles in SOLR ???

Hi all,

I am doing R&D about SOLR using any quantiles function for a set. I need a
quick-start road-map for modifying  that quantiles function in my SOLR
plugin. I am thinking that it might be using any third party tools or
library for it.

--
Kashif Khan

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Kashif,

my knowledge in probability is limited but I believe the simple similarity function can be seen as a quantile.
You can read about it in many places, I believe I read it in the Lucene in Action book.

paul

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Duh. quantiles. I was reading quantities. Old eyes.

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I really don't understand what you're trying
to accomplish. What is a "quantities function"?
What do you want it to do?

Best
Erick