Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/27 05:40:06 UTC

Using package-info.java

I'm working on doco for some of the modules, notably Kerberos.  I
noticed that new with JDK 5.0 the "preferred" package comment file is
package-info.java.  Any problem if I build out package comments with
that, since we're on 1.5 now?

{quote}
To create a package comment file, you have a choice of two files to
place your comments:
* package-info.java - Can contain a package declaration, package
annotations, package comments and Javadoc tags. This file is new in
JDK 5.0, and is preferred over package.html.
* package.html - Can contain only package comments and Javadoc tags,
no package annotations.
{quote}

Enrique

Re: Using package-info.java

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 1/26/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/07, Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... Any problem if I build out package comments with
> > that, since we're on 1.5 now?
>
> It sounds OK to me.  We can also put some annotations on the package we
> document if we use package-info.java.

Cool, I'll go with package-info.java then.

Enrique

Re: Using package-info.java

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 1/27/07, Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on doco for some of the modules, notably Kerberos.  I
> noticed that new with JDK 5.0 the "preferred" package comment file is
> package-info.java.  Any problem if I build out package comments with
> that, since we're on 1.5 now?

It sounds OK to me.  We can also put some annotations on the package we
document if we use package-info.java.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6