Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/12 04:34:06 UTC

how do we deal with list.h

   In our source code,we use list.h to implement the modules.For example,in
tserver module,we use list.h   *list*
 */usr/include/c++/4.2.3*
 *GPL*
 *to be substitued *
 *adminserver.h*
 **
 **
 **
 **
 *callbacks.cpp*
 **
 **
 **
 **
 *multicomm.cpp*
 **
 **
 **
 **
 *tserver.cpp*
 **
 **
 **
 **
 *msgtype.h*

  but unfortunately,it follows GPL license,so we had to rewrite this header
file or find other header file which according with ASL.I serached it on but
failed to find the substitue.So,you guys,do we need to re-fulfill this file
of c++ libarary?

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
you mean this place ? * *legal-discuss-subscribe@apache.org
i will try to check it out.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Samul Kevin is my english name,my Chinese name is  Bowen Ma.(博文 马)^_^
don't realize that would confuse people -_-!

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>.
On 8/25/08, Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 03:15, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i wrote a mail to Boris Fomitchev,he assured me that stlport don't collide
>> with ASL
>
> But questions remain:
> + Who is Boris Fomitchev?
> + What license has stlport and can/will it be relicensed to ASL?
We shall answer the two questions explicitly after a few days.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
sgi stl belongs to Silicon Graphics Computer System, Inc

stlport orignated from a project of Boris Fomitchev
http://www.stlport.org/doc/license.html
the following picture is the relationship between those "stl"s
http://morningspace.51.net/resource/stlintro/stlintro2.gif

ps:don't quite understand your second question.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 03:15, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i wrote a mail to Boris Fomitchev,he assured me that stlport don't collide
> with ASL

But questions remain:
+ Who is Boris Fomitchev?

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 17:07, Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Are there any ASF software use C++ library ? How did they fix the license
> issues?
> Please give us some information. Thanks.

There you go....

http://projects.apache.org/indexes/language.html#C

  Bernd

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.
To my knowledge, STLPort provided by ubuntu is sgi's STL, and later, it is
called stlport, which can support almost all platforms.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: how do we deal with list.h

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.
[...]

/usr/include/c++/4.2/bi
ts/list.tcc \
./src/.deps/tserver-adminserver.Po:699:/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h:
./src/.deps/tserver-tserver.Po:73:  /usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/l
ist.tcc \
./src/.deps/tserver-tserver.Po:689:/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h:
./src/.deps/tserver-clientsocket.Po:85:  /usr/include/c++/4.2/list
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_lis
t.h \
./src/.deps/tserver-clientsocket.Po:379:/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h:
./src/.deps/tserver-multicomm.Po:34:  /usr/include/bits/sys_errlist.h
/usr/include/c++/4.2/list \
./src/.deps/tserver-multicomm.Po:73:  /usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits
/list.tcc \
./src/.deps/tserver-multicomm.Po:334:/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h:
./src/.deps/tserver-callbacks.Po:34:  /usr/include/bits/sys_errlist.h
/usr/include/c++/4.2/clocale \

./src/.deps/tserver-callbacks.Po:64:  /usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits
/list.tcc \
./src/.deps/tserver-callbacks.Po:643:/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h:
./src/.deps/tserver-lissocket.Po:85:  /usr/include/c++/4.2/list
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h
 \
./src/.deps/tserver-lissocket.Po:381:/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_list.h:
grep: ./depcomp: No such file or directory
pt@ATS:~/tmp/TServer-2.0$