Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/12/02 17:13:10 UTC

Recent project structure changes

Hi all,

You may have noticed that we recently split web and wtk into two separate projects. This is intended to help facilitate deployment via Maven when we are ready to release Pivot 1.4 (the new project structure should make it easier to do so).

Let me know if you have any questions...

Greg

Re: Recent project structure changes

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Me too, no problem in eclipse (with the maven plugin enabled), without
mavenizing pivot subprojects (enabling maven to handle them), so I
think it's Ok ... :-) .

Tomorrow if I find some time I'll try the same test in NetBeans 6.7.1,
or 6.8rc1.

Byeee

Re: Recent project structure changes

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I haven't seen a problem in Eclipse.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
>> You may have noticed that we recently split web and wtk into two separate projects.
> This could also be useful to isolate changes in Terra that not belong
> to wtk for example.

Agreed - there are other benefits to this change as well.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

> You may have noticed that we recently split web and wtk into two separate projects.
This could also be useful to isolate changes in Terra that not belong
to wtk for example.

For me all this it's Ok, but just a curiosity, I've seen you have
added pom.xml in all subprojects, are they to support also building
from Maven (a feature that if I remember well was dropped many months
ago, but I'll be happy if renewed), or only to publish to the
repository, or other ?

And last, someone has already tried to let maven handle all
subprojects inside an IDE (like NetBeans 6.7.1 or higher, or Eclipse +
some maven plugin) to see what happen (or at least to ensure that all
works good the same) ?
In this case there isn't a subproject containing the root (parent) pom
like in many other projects (for example see Wicket, tapestry, etc ...
they call this subproject *project or *parent).
In my environment (latest eclipse + m2eclipse + external maven-2.2.1)
all works good the same, but I have to try with NetBeans ... If wanted
I could make some deeper test on this tomorrow, tell me.

Thanks,
Sandro