Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/03/27 20:20:47 UTC

[Informal Vote] please express your opinion on using Nexus and Hudson: see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1717

I'm +1 for doing this, and offer to do some/most of the legwork to get
this to happen.

Other opinions?

If we get a concensus, I'll ask to get the setups done, so we can start
doing the needed changes.

-Marshall

Re: [Informal Vote] please express your opinion on using Nexus and Hudson: see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1717

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 3/28/2010 12:36 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Marshall Schor wrote:
>> I'm +1 for doing this, and offer to do some/most of the legwork to get
>> this to happen.
>>
>> Other opinions?
>>
> From a development point of view Hudson can help us
> to make sure that our build is never broken, and if so notice us,
> but usually our build always works. Not sure if it is worth the effort
> to get one build broken notification per year.
>
> The only other advantage I see is that it can automatically publish
> snapshot builds, but when this is the motivation to get CI on Hudson
> we maybe should start to release more frequently.

I'm in favor of streamlining our build process to release more
frequently :-).

-Marshall

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it really sounds nice to me too (so +1 again).
Tommaso

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1  Good idea, I think.

I've noticed that maven plugins have an additional folder, called "it"
under source, where it appears they have "integration tests".  Maybe
there's some support for this (I haven't investigated further... )
-Marshall

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> I'm +1 for doing this, and offer to do some/most of the legwork to get
> this to happen.
>
> Other opinions?

 From a development point of view Hudson can help us

[Result] [Informal Vote] please express your opinion on using Nexus and Hudson: see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1717

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
after some discussion, 3 people voted +1:

Marshall Schor
Jörn Kottmann
Tommaso Teofili

No other votes were received, and I think this is not controversial, so
I'll go ahead and start by requesting to get set up on Nexus, at least,
by doing a Jira subtask of
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 *AFTER WE GET SET UP* as
a top level project, because that Jira requests things like the official
group name, and the svn location (which will be changing).

Thanks for voting...

-Marshall

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2010/3/27 Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>

> I'm +1 for doing this, and offer to do some/most of the legwork to get
> this to happen.
>
> Other opinions?

I'm +1 too.
Tommaso