Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Robson Dantas <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/21 01:58:26 UTC

Problems setting up Java Shindig

Hi guys,

I'm making some experiments using shindig, and I'm quite familiar with PHP
version. Yesterday, tried to setup Java Shindig, but it was broken. Today
saw an update on svn which allowed me to compile and run. (mvn and then mvn
-Prun)

The documentation is a bit outdated and would be great if you provide some
help:

1- WARNING: Couldn't load OAuth signing key.  To create a key, run:
  openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -days 365 -nodes -x509 -keyout testkey.pem \
     -out testkey.pem -subj '/CN=mytestkey'
  openssl pkcs8 -in testkey.pem -out oauthkey.pem -topk8 -nocrypt -outform
PEM

Then edit gadgets.properties and add these lines:
shindig.signing.key-file=<path-to-oauthkey.pem>
shindig.signing.key-name=mykey

gadgets.properties doesn't exist. A similar file which i found is
shindig.properties, but modifying over there, the message continues to
appear when starting.

2- I'm getting a 404 message on firebug, with a call to this url:

http://localhost:9003/gadgets/js/auth-refresh:core:core.config:core.io:core.json:core.legacy:core.log:core.prefs:core.util:dynamic-height:dynamic-height.util:flash:globals:locked-domain:opensocial:opensocial-0.8:opensocial-0.9:opensocial-base:opensocial-data:opensocial-data-context:opensocial-jsonrpc:opensocial-reference:rpc:security-token:shindig.auth:views:xmlutil.js?container=default

3- In README file, there's a paragraph:
Read javascript/README for instructions for using the Shindig Gadget
Container JavaScript to enable your page to render Gadgets.

But this file doesn't exist, either.

4 - To finish it up, gadgets are not being rendered. All app's are showing a
gadgets is not defined message in firebug;

Regards,

Robson Dantas

Re: Problems setting up Java Shindig

Posted by Gagandeep Singh <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Randy

I don't know more about samplecontainer, but assuming that it was working
earlier, it seems that if no servlet is registered for a path,
the contents of content/ directory are served out.
like:
content/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.html
content/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.js

Now since accel servlet catches all urls, this no longer works.

If this is the case, then maybe we should add a samplecontainer servlet or a
filter that can serve out these types of requests.
Or maybe adding some kind of configuration option for adding accel servel
for /*, so that by default it does not, but if you give -Daccel.proxy=true,
then it does.

Thanks
Gagan

--
The only thing missing in life is background music.
-- Gagandeep Singh

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Dev Team:

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.

Posted by Robson Dantas <bi...@gmail.com>.
Paul, thanks, worked.

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

Posted by Robson Dantas <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul!

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.

Posted by Robson Dantas <bi...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

Switching to console tab:

Errors printed on firebug:
gadgets is not defined
[Break on this error] gadgets.util.registerOnLoadHandler(load);
ifr?ur...odo.xml (linha 529)

gadgets is not defined
[Break on this error] var mMENU =
gadgets.io.getProxyU..._footer.js",{refreshInterval:21600});
ifr?ur...odo.xml (linha 534)

gadgets is not defined
[Break on this error]
ifr?ur...odo.xml (linha 541)

Uploaded a printscreen to my picasa account. See:
http://picasaweb.google.com.br/gdguiadogps/Personalstuff?authkey=Gv1sRgCLro3Ojs0u-ncA#

> >> 3- In README file, there's a paragraph:
> >> Read javascript/README for instructions for using the Shindig Gadget
> >> Container JavaScript to enable your page to render Gadgets.

Ok.

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Robson Dantas <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm making some experiments using shindig, and I'm quite familiar with PHP
> version. Yesterday, tried to setup Java Shindig, but it was broken. Today
> saw an update on svn which allowed me to compile and run. (mvn and then mvn
> -Prun)
>
> The documentation is a bit outdated and would be great if you provide some
> help:
>
> 1- WARNING: Couldn't load OAuth signing key.  To create a key, run:
>  openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -days 365 -nodes -x509 -keyout testkey.pem \
>     -out testkey.pem -subj '/CN=mytestkey'
>  openssl pkcs8 -in testkey.pem -out oauthkey.pem -topk8 -nocrypt -outform
> PEM
>
> Then edit gadgets.properties and add these lines:
> shindig.signing.key-file=<path-to-oauthkey.pem>
> shindig.signing.key-name=mykey
>
> gadgets.properties doesn't exist. A similar file which i found is
> shindig.properties, but modifying over there, the message continues to
> appear when starting.

config/shindig.properties