Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Smith Centos <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 12:31:03 UTC

Axis2 as Proxy Server

Hi,

Axis2 by default is a service provider or service client. Is there any
axis2 configuration for deploying it as a proxy server?

Thanks,

Re: Axis2 as Proxy Server

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Smith Centos <sm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> mainly, I want an open source "XML Security Gateway" but i did not found
> any.
>
> So Firstly, I want a "web service proxy" that can be deployed as a reverse
> proxy or transparent proxy between customer and provider and
> if this proxy supports WS-Specifications like WS-Security is better (like
> the service proxy feature of Apache Synapse).
>
> And Secondly, I want to add XML Firewalling to it.
>
> If axis2 is able to deploy as a reverse proxy (with support of Rampart and
> also other apache WS-* frameworks for adding WS-* to axis2) the first step
> is done. I found axis2 the best and popular engine for web services. Do any
> other Apache web services framework is appropriate for my case instead of
> Axis2?
>
> It seems ESBs (like Apache Synapse) perform first step completely but this
> is a little part of the functionality of ESBs and they are not suitable for
> my case (Because of differences between XML Security Gateways and
> Enterprise Service Buses).

I think it's possible to use Synapse as a security gateway too, please see
this sample [1]. Synapse is originally developed as a web service  **mediation
engine and it's light weight compare to other traditional ESBs.  I believe
you can find better answer contacting Synapse user list.

[1] - http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Samples.html#Sample200

Thanks !

Re: Axis2 as Proxy Server

Posted by Smith Centos <sm...@gmail.com>.