Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2016/07/16 10:16:15 UTC

Removed WildcardXyzModel classes in 8.x

Hi,

While fixing the WicketStuff Core projects build against 8.x I've reached
to com.inmethod.grid.column.editable.DropDownChoiceColumn.
This class fails because it depends on
org.apache.wicket.model.util.WildcardListModel and this class is removed
with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5350.

There is no entry in the migration guide for it.
I see two options:
1) add an entry in the migration guide explaining how to fix (e.g. use
Model.ofList())
2) 1) + re-add the classes and deprecate them for 8.x and remove in 9.x

My personal preference is 2).

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Re: Removed WildcardXyzModel classes in 8.x

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
I'd prefer 1) to get over with this generics changes - and yes, I'd add
the missing entry to the migration guide.

But 2) is fine too.

Have fun
Sven

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
I see that the classes are actually already deprecated in 7.x.
So all we need is an entry in the migration guide.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.