Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Stefan Chirila <sc...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/20 18:44:51 UTC

LDAP configuration with schroot

Hi there,

First of all, congrats for a very nice framework you built.
I'm having some problems setting it up here at work. Maybe I will raise
different mails for each, so I will not write a big hairy mail.
I believe not many are using the Allura in LDAP mode, because I ran into
some basic stuff like LDAP provider not implementing some methods inherited
from AuthenticationProvider. I had to add them to proceed.

Anyway, I have so many questions, that I don't know where to start.
So here goes the first:
1. Is there a way to delete registered users? Or to revert the DB to its
initial state without starting from scratch.
While testing/playing I authenticated myself against the AD at work and
user got created. But somehow (because of bad settings in both the
development.ini and also in the schroot setup) there were errors when user
got created on the schroot side.

Looking forward to be hearing from you.

Best regards,
Stefan Chirila

Re: LDAP configuration with schroot

Posted by Stefan Chirila <sc...@gmail.com>.
I went over the ticket now. Yup most of the problems I faced :) (some of
them I solved by installing the ldap and adding the missed methods).

Basically the problem is with the LDAP setup which actually I don't think
it's detailed enough. And I'm starting to think it's not even going to work
with remote LDAP server (we have Active Directory setup here at work).
I managed to make registration and login work with allura by actually
commenting parts of the code that tries to add the entry to the LDAP (

con.add_s(dn_u, ldif_u)

) which in my case it's not allowed (corporate AD server). In my case it's
not even supposed to do that, the user is already present in the corporate
LDAP, so no need to add it again.
After few modifications in the code the user is registered and login is
done against the LDAP setting, but that's all. It creates a user under the
chroot env, but it's useless, since you cannot login to it (to the chroot
newly made user).

I believe I'll start a new thread that will try to highlight what actually
am trying to achieve. Maybe I'm trying to solve the wrong problem.

Thanks for responding.

Best regards,
Stefan Chirila

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.