Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Romain Gilles <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 10:21:56 UTC

Difference between the distributions

Hi all,
Maybe a stupid question, But what is the difference between the
distribution (windows vs. unix like) except the launchers and the file
modes?

Romain.

Re: org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn amazon s3 repo authentication?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that Ops4j Pax URL mvn supports this option. Here is what is
available today (
http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxurl/Mvn+Protocol#MvnProtocol-settings.xml
).
Maybe you can create a ticket on JIRA web site of OPS4J Pax URL mvn to add
it.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:53 AM, kseelam <kr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We successfully mapped the settings.xml file in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg
> use the repository user id and password to retrieve the artifacts.
>
> But we would like to use encrypted password instead of clear text in
> settings.xml as described in the maven guide
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-encryption.html
>
> Please help us if anyone has achieved it.
>
> Thanks
> KS

Charles Moulliard
Twitter : @cmoulliard
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn amazon s3 repo authentication?

Posted by Andrei Pozolotin <an...@gmail.com>.
right, but there is a need to supply an s3:// wagon:

http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXURL-188

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Difference between the distributions

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious, do we plan to do beta and/or alpha releases? Maybe after
> cutting the stabilisation branch it might be a good idea to cut a
> beta? I know we had those discussions some time ago; nevertheless
> Karaf-3 is PRETTY, VERY, VERY, VERY big in changes... so a beta might
> be a good idea in this special case... don't you think?

Yeah good idea. Maybe even cutting and release even milestone releases.
And then a period with beta / RC candidates.

Karaf being a server, it takes a long time for people to adapt, and
migrate to newer versions.
As well people build their own custom server software from Karaf.

So giving everyone amble time to test, feedback, and whatnot is a very
good idea.
To help build trust in Karaf as a safe "bet" for the future.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Difference between the distributions

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

I think a beta could help catching attention.
On the other hand we might as well cut a 3.0.1 real fast if we see
additional bugs.

so I'm uncertain about it ...

let's see what the others think :)

regards, Achim

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I also think we should do a beta. A good time would be when the aries
release is out.
Ideally the beta should have no SNAPSHOT deps in it.

Christian

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Gilles <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.