Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Robert Trungel <tr...@isdd.sk> on 2002/02/19 22:04:26 UTC

Re[2]: rsync help

--------------------------------
***REPLIED MESSAGE BODY START***
--------------------------------
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, erin meunier wrote:

> I am trying to get a copy of the entire cvs for a research project and
> wanted to rsync your cvs.  I have done this, and I am seeing the ant,
> avalon bcel (etc) subdirectories, but none of the .java files are here.
> Could you give me some instructions?  Thanks!

rsyncing a cvs tree is unfortunately not a good idea due to the number
of files in it, which chews a lot of memory on the server and client.

you might be lucky enough to find one of the apache mirrors could
make the cvs tree available via rsync, or can tar it up for you.

cheers,

-jason

------------------------------
***REPLIED MESSAGE BODY END***