Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Stefan Hepper <st...@apache.org> on 2007/05/14 06:52:41 UTC

When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Guys,
the University of Jena will soon have finished implementing the current
draft of JSR 286.
Until now there was no feedback on the design or implemention.
Are you just waiting until everything is complete and than dump it into
a 2.0 branch or what is the current plan?

Stefan

Re: When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Posted by Dettborn <de...@minet.uni-jena.de>.

CDoremus@hannaford.com schrieb:

> Thank you, Torsten, for your reply.
>
> Can you tell us what JSR-286 features have already been implemented
> and committed to the 1.1-286-COMPATIBILITY branch and what features
> still need to be implemented? This will allow us to figure out the
> testsuite tests that need to be created.
Hello,

we have implemented the shared render parameter, resource serving,
eventing, a part of the new dispatcher. I hope that this week the part
for the portlet filter is finished, so we can start with the cc/pp
implementation. After that we want to view into each chapter of the
specification, so we can see what have to be implemented. For all this
features we can open a jira issue, if this is ok.

Torsten

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.

Posted by Dettborn <de...@minet.uni-jena.de>.

Re: When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
David H. DeWolf wrote:

> I know I sound like a broken record, but I really think that discussions
> on this list about the design choices and progress being made would
> really help to peak interest and provide some avenues for oversight.
> There was a bit of it about jaxb which I thought was very healthy and
> resulted in several people chiming in, however, not other aspect of the
> implementation has been addressed.

Big +1

Carsten

Re: When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 6:12 AM, David H. DeWolf wrote:
>

>> What do others think?

> So the code is being developed in another repository, and then it will
> be moved into Apache 'all at once'

Actually the code is being developed in the Apache repository as a
branch of Pluto:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/branches/1.1-286-COMPATIBILITY

> I would assume this is a "code donation" then.

The 286 code is being applied as patches committed by portals committers
- here's a link to the thread:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=6077312&framed=y

> Will the developers get committer rights to Pluto or will they just go
> away...

I don't know ...

> Sorry, late comer to this discussion, excuse me if I am asking dumb
> questions

No problem :-)

Elliot

Re: When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.

Elliot Metsger wrote:

> There are three open issues, one of which has a patch (PLUTO-308 -
> Jaxb).

My bad - I started using Mylar and the query was busted... so there are
more open pending issues than I thought :-)

Re: When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
Thank you, Elliot, for you enthusiasm and offer to help.

I'd like to see the trunk be merged into the 286 branch. I think the
issues that Stefan reported with Preferences and PreferenceValidator would
be fixed by doing that. I also believe that there are a number of fixes
and enhancements in the trunk that the 286 branch should have. Before that
is done there needs to be tests created in the testsuites to test critical
286 functionality (eventing, filters, shared render parameters, etc).
These tests will confirm that the merging does not break anything. I will
add issues to Jira on this.

I probably missed the discussion, but I see a 1.2 category in Jira to
support Java 5 and JAXB in a 1.2 version of Pluto. FWIW, I'm in favor of
moving this stuff into Pluto 2.0, which the 286 branch should become once
we are confident in its design and stability.

I am pretty booked right now, but I will try to make some time to help
when I can.
/Craig

Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>
05/18/2007 03:19 PM
Please respond to
pluto-dev@portals.apache.org

pluto-dev@portals.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: When will the pluto 2.0 branch start?

Ok,

I have some time.  What is the game plan for moving forward?

There are three open issues, one of which has a patch (PLUTO-308 -
Jaxb).  There are a number of resolved or closed issues.

What is being suggested?
1) Review/implement the remaining issues?
2) Do we review the changes in the already closed issues?

Once that is done - tests pass, etc, promote the branch to trunk?

Elliot

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Ok,

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.