Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by 孔嘉林 <ko...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/18 14:06:31 UTC

Which files should I backup for data restoring/data migration?

Hi,
I want to backup the files needed for data restoring/data migration. There
are several directories:
/var/lib/cassandra/
                   - commitlog/
                   - data/
                        - mytable/
                        - system/
                        - system_traces/
                   - saved_caches/
/var/log/cassandra/

So if I want a new machine start cassandra service on having the old data,
which of the files are needed? Is only the
"/var/lib/cassandra/data/mytable/" directory enough? Or I should copy all
of the above files on the new machine?

Thanks very much,
Joy

Re: Which files should I backup for data restoring/data migration?

Posted by 严超 <ya...@gmail.com>.
Check out this doc, I think it may help you:
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_backup_restore_c.html

*Best Regards!*

*Chao Yan--------------**My twitter:Andy Yan @yanchao727
<https://twitter.com/yanchao727>*