Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Yu, Ming" <Mi...@jhuapl.edu> on 2004/09/24 20:16:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Install module using apxs

Hi -

I have apache 2.0.49 running on a Solaris system.  I use apxs to add
mod-proxy to the server.  I ran

./apxs -c -a -i /download/httpd-2.0.49/modules/proxy/procy.c

it installed the mod_proxy properly to the web server.
The mod_proxy.so has been created, new line to load the module in the
httpd.conf also has been created.  But when I try to restart the server, I
got this error message:

Cannot load /opt/apache/modules/mod_proxy.so into server: ld.so.1:
/opt/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/apache/modules/mod_proxy.so: symbol ap_proxyerror: referenced symbol
not found

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks for any help.

- Ming

Re: [users@httpd] Install module using apxs

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Yu, Ming wrote:

> ./apxs -c -a -i /download/httpd-2.0.49/modules/proxy/procy.c

You need to compile proxy_util in there.  And for the proxy to be
any use you'll need to compile at least one proxy protocol module -
probably proxy_http and perhaps others.

--
Nick Kew