Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dafang Zhang <da...@wcom.com> on 2000/09/28 23:12:52 UTC

A Bug?

In an XSL stylesheet, for the element xsl:stylesheet, the following

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

works just fine, but if I try to change any words in the name space
xmlns:xsl attribute, then the stylesheet is not processed.  To see for
yourself, in the sample/hello-page-html.xsl, please change "Transform" to
"000Transform" or even "transform" (please notice the small letter 't',)
then reload the xml page and see what will happen.

This doesn't make sense to me.  To my knowledge, the name space should be
required only to be unique.  Is it a Cocoon or Xalan bug, or, am I missing
something?

(Env: Cocoon-1.8 with JRun 2.3.3 engine or Tomcat 3.2b4 engine)

Thanks.
Dafang Zhang
Software System Engineer,
Worldcom

RE: A Bug?

Posted by Dafang Zhang <da...@wcom.com>.
Thanks, Conny.  The reason I came up this question is that IE5.5 xsl engine
uses different namespace for xslt ( they are using
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl ), but it's not working on Cocoon environment.
Then I started thinking namespace needs only to be unique.  Anyway, thank
you very much for taking time to correct me.

Regards,
Dafang

The XSLT engine uses the namespace uri to determine which elements and
attributes are part of the XSLT grammar. The uri is defined in the XSLT
spec.

Conny

Re: A Bug?

Posted by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>.