Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mohamed <ba...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/21 13:37:23 UTC

Unable extract values from URL Query String

Hi,

I'm new to JMeter tool. I have requirement to record an email transaction.
There are many dynamic values which are passed as URL query string. I'm
unable extract those values using Reg-ex Extractor. Those dynamic parameters
values are used in the same HTTP request not in the next/subsequent request.

For example

www.xyz.com/shva?123&abc=LLRRQQ;cdv=AABBCC.

In the same http request contains parameter abc = LLRRQQ and cdv=AABBCC.

So how to dynamically extract from URL query string and pass it to the same
request.

Also I've tried HTML Link Parser option and gave .* in the parameter value.
but it's passing .* in URL. Any other approach to extract these values.

Any help would be highly appreciated !

Thanks,
Mohamed

Re: Unable extract values from URL Query String

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
> Those dynamic parameters values are used in the same HTTP request
Thats not really possible. You send an HTTP request , you get back a
response . The next request is a new request and if it has a dynamic
component it must be available from the previous request(s). The exceptions
are things like cookies or javascripted parameters (but even here you have
to get the javascript first before it can actually do anything). Sometimes
it hard to see because of redirects etc .

regards
deepak

Posted by itsbritto <br...@gmail.com>.
Try this regex if luck it will work

www.xyz.com/shva?123&abc=LLRRQQ;cdv=AABBCC.

use separate Regex handler and name diff variables

Let me know if it works