Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by kjf46 <no...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/13 17:24:15 UTC

ClamAVPlugin - Re-Writing Mail Subject with [***Virus***

Hi,

I have ClamAVPlugin/Spammassassin working just fine but need to alert mail
admin that a mail has a potential virus (as I don't dump suspected mail ..
all reviewed by a mail admin), the header has the 'X-Spam-Virus: Yes' field
but I want to display [***Virus***] in the subject of the mail rather than
write 'local' rules/filters that can get removed in error etc.( Long
story!!)

My question is can the following section:

  } elsif($code eq 'FOUND') {
    Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::dbg("ClamAV: Detected virus: $virus");
    $header = "Yes ($virus)";
    $isspam = 1;

be edited to also re-write the subject with [***Virus***] ..... and if so is
it easy for a total newb at Perl ... like this will be the 1st bit of Perl
:)

TIA
KevF