Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 11:59:00 UTC

[Stomp] changing the default delivery mode to persistent

It seems that currently both ActiveMQ and StompConnect will only use
persistent messaging if the user explicitly adds

persistent:true

However this is the reverse of the convention used with MOM and JMS
where messages are by default persistent unless the user explicitly
changes the delivery mode.

So I think we should change this so that if the persistent header is
not specified by a Stomp client then the delivery mode defaults to
persistent.

Anyone have any objection to this before I go ahead and implement this
in ActiveMQ and StompConnect?

--

James
-------

Re: [Stomp] changing the default delivery mode to persistent

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@pobox.com>.
+1

-Brian

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1

On 2/12/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that currently both ActiveMQ and StompConnect will only use
> persistent messaging if the user explicitly adds
>
> persistent:true
>
> However this is the reverse of the convention used with MOM and JMS
> where messages are by default persistent unless the user explicitly
> changes the delivery mode.
>
> So I think we should change this so that if the persistent header is
> not specified by a Stomp client then the delivery mode defaults to
> persistent.
>
> Anyone have any objection to this before I go ahead and implement this
> in ActiveMQ and StompConnect?
>
> --
>
> James
> -------