Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de> on 2006/12/05 10:27:51 UTC

updating large number of data

hi,

we get a cvs-file with a large number of user-data every hour. and we want to replace the existing data in our database with that. is there a best-practice to do something like this?
currently we are doing that with php an using mysql load data infile with the cvs-file. but i think that doing this with cayenne would leave the context in a bad state.

hava a nice day,
peter

Re: updating large number of data

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Are you deleting all of the original data and then doing inserts or
are you doing updates?

Thanks,

/dev/mrg