Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/20 06:51:01 UTC

maven release plugin introducing scm urls into modified poms

Hi All.

I have a multi module project that I have working perfectly.

In tracking down a reported problem, I ran the release plugin with the
-DpreparationGoals="help:effective-pom clean verify"

In it, I can see that it has added a scm section into the poms in the
modules. Although this is with Jazz, the same happens in SVN as well.

The urls that are rewritten in the root pom are correctly. I've added
the JazzScmTranslator into the release manager.

It adds a "/<sub module>" name to the end of the URL, which in Jazz's
case, makes no sense, but it will make sense for SVN - and it's
correct.

Is there a way to stop this?

This only becomes a problem, when there is a scm section in a pom in
one of the modules, as when it is written out, it is incorrect.

Or is this an unsupported configuration? Ie, undefined behaviour?

-Chris

Re: maven release plugin introducing scm urls into modified poms

Posted by Ansgar Konermann <an...@googlemail.com>.
Am 20.02.2012 06:51 schrieb "Chris Graham" <ch...@gmail.com>:

> Hi All.
>
> I have a multi module project that I have working perfectly.
>
> In tracking down a reported problem, I ran the release plugin with the
> -DpreparationGoals="help:effective-pom clean verify"
>
> In it, I can see that it has added a scm section into the poms in the
> modules. Although this is with Jazz, the same happens in SVN as well.
>
> The urls that are rewritten in the root pom are correctly. I've added
> the JazzScmTranslator into the release manager.
>
> It adds a "/<sub module>" name to the end of the URL, which in Jazz's
> case, makes no sense, but it will make sense for SVN - and it's
> correct.
>
> Is there a way to stop this?

Git also likes "no submodule suffix" in its scm urls. You could have a look
at the git scm provider how it's implemented there.

HTH

Ansgar