Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ashish Raniwala <ar...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/31 05:26:42 UTC

Localization

Guys,
This is general question. I am entering japanese characters using IME in my tapestry application but when I retrieve the entered data back its not what I entered. Do I have to convert the data to UTF while saving it? If yes how to do that? If someone has done it please give me some pointers on it...
Thanks for help.
Ashish

Re: Localization

Posted by Albert Kwong <ma...@yahoo.com>.
1. make sure your templates are in the right encoding.
 I always use UTF-8 for traditional chinese.
2. in your web.xml, make sure you configure the
encoding parameters:
org.apache.tapestry.template-encoding

If you can read Japanese, you can check out this page
http://www.duo.co.jp/column/35tapestry_java02.html

I can't read Japanese, but that page seems to be
describing the parameters you need. :)

Albert

 --- Ashish Raniwala <ar...@gmail.com> 內容:

=====