Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Falcon cheetah <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/27 08:18:36 UTC

ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"

I am trying to load a file to my server, in order to
use it as an attachment for a JavaMail webmail. I am
using an example, which works fine by itself till I
start to use it in my application.

I am using a form that specifies the encryption type
ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" which seems like
something tomcat does not like! If I remove this line
from my form I do not get the attached error, but
nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong here?

Please tell me how to ask a user to choose a file to
be attached to his email and what is the best way to
uploaed it. I am using a couple of examples that
really work. But not for tomcat.

I am running tomcat 2.3.8 with apache1.3.14 on rd6.1.

No file was attached!
try again!

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 07:02:05 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_jk Connection: close

OK

The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/