Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rakesh mailgroups <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 21:37:37 UTC

How to run tests as part of CI

Hi,

I've been playing with JMeter all week interactively to load test my app.

The main tests are to verify that the app can handle up to 1000 tps.

I was able to verify this with 2 JMeter nodes running in parallel and
adding the throughput from each server.

However, my next task is to automate this testing so that it becomes part
of our 'build pipeline'.

I can see how I can kick off a JMeter test (in a master slave scenario) but
I am not so sure how to tell if the tests passed or failed.

Any advice? I am using Hudson as the build server.

Thanks

Rakesh

Re: How to run tests as part of CI

Posted by Miel Donkers <mi...@codecentric.nl>.
Hi,

You can use the "Performance Plugin" for Hudson / Jenkins to display JMeter
test results:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Performance+Plugin
(this was previously named the JMeter plugin)

To create the reports, there are two ways;
- Run JMeter from your Maven build, by using the JMeter plugin for maven.
Explained e.g. here;
http://ribblescode.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/how-to-automate-jmeter-tests-with-maven-and-jenkins-hudson-8/
- Or run JMeter in non-gui mode by letting hudson execute a (shell) script

Hope this gets you started.

/Miel

--
*Miel Donkers | Agile Solution Developer*
*
| Netherlands
tel: +31 (0) 78.6134.220 | mobiel: +31 (0) 6.511.977.38 |
miel.donkers@codecentric.nl*
*www.codecentric.nl | blog.codecentric.nl |
@codecentric_nl<http://www.twitter.com/codecentric_nl>

Meer over ons: codecentric nederland bv is Java Expertise partner, met
focus op Applicatie Performance Management. We werken met een 100% Agile
grondslag. Samen met onze duitse moederorganisatie zijn we 150 medewerkers
sterk. We zijn partner voor veel bedrijven waar kwaliteit en vakkennis
centraal staat. codecentric is als enige verkozen tot Solution Partner in
CER voor Appdynamics <http://www.appdynamics.com/>.*

Watch <http://www.appdynamics.com/player/whydemo.php> a 2-min video of
AppDynamics | Download<http://www.appdynamics.com/products-free-download.php>AppDynamics
Lite for free